Happy Almost-Holidays + 2017 Visioning to You! (more on that below too!)
A couple weeks ago, I took a wild, spontaneous trip to Philly/ NYC, to attend my 20-year High School Reunion! (also got to visit my sister + family, old friends, + new ones too! ;))
It felt so GOOD, so RIGHT, + something a "good human" would do. So grounding, too, during these times, to connect with people I've known since I was 6 years old!
While traveling, I felt inspired to come up with 6 Tips to Stay Healthy On the Road, just for You!
1) HappyCow App is Your Best Friend On the Road! Even if you're not vegetarian, this free app will pick up your GPS + tell you all the health food stores/ Whole Foods/ vegetarian + vegan friendly restaurants in your vicinity, along with driving directions to get there! It is seriously awesome!!! And you can use it on the road, or anywhere!!!! Major life changer + life saver!!!
2) Explore Local Produce. OMG, in Pennsylvania, the local apples *tasted* like Bright, Juicy Fall Leaves. The color red, Autumn... I could feel the energy + connect with the environment every time I bit into an apple, I swear! ;) In most health food stores, there will be a section of produce that's locally grown. Get acquainted with the local produce in the area you're traveling. It will help you get grounded, AND stay healthy!
3) Remember Your Greens. Green smoothies, sauteed Kale, a salad next to Grandma's casserole or mashed potatoes. Greens are alkalizing + it's an act of Self-Care to remember to eat your vegetables, when you are away from your routine! ;)
4) Sleep. This is so basic, yet so important. Since I returned from my trip + was on East Coast Time, I started going to bed a few hours after sunset California time (sometimes 7:30/ 8pm) + then jumping out of bed @ 5am the next morning!! Felt like I had just been to a healing spa + had the deluxe massage treatment. Seriously paradigm-shifting. A good night's sleep allows your body to repair + integrate all the experiences you are having. It's okay to let yourself dream + integrate. Especially during winter.
5) Exercise. Whether it's a quick yoga stretch in the airport or a brisk walk through the Winter Holiday Fair in NYC, remember to move your body. It's a great time to check in with yourself + ask your body how it's doing + what it needs. Also a great way to stay warm, in cold weather!
6) Keep Up Your Self-Care Rituals. As wild as it sounds, I am committed to my daily Morning Ritual, even when I'm away. I have a practice of daily Meditation, Morning Pages, + a quick affirmative Prayer, that I will do first thing in the morning. Even if I'm meditating with friends, or locking myself in a closet to do it, this is fundamental + important to me. It's okay to simply explain that this is what you do. Trust me, it will make you a better person + more peaceful to be around. Everyone will thank you for it later!
... So, these are my Top 6 Tips to Staying Healthy on the Road!
>> How can you integrate one or more of these, during your next travels?
>> Or do you have a tip you love, that wasn't mentioned? Share it with us in the comments below!!
Sending so much Holiday Love!!
P.S. My Indiegogo Campaign, as mentioned above, has been extended to January 22nd!!! (OMG, I didn't know you could do that, until 3 days before the Campaign was supposed to end! ;))
So, Great News: You can go check it out + contribute! Order your books, for yourself, or as a Holiday Gift! Get some Coaching + Affirmative Prayer Support. Or fly me in to lead a Ritual for You + a large group of your Best Friends!!
I would also LOVE if you would share this Indiegogo campaign with your friends, post on social media, forward this email, + just generally spread the word. (The link is: https://igg.me/at/openeyedheartwide)